GreyBeard Dreaming

Sunday, June 8, 2014

It was a dank and dreary day at the truck stop



So I woke up this morning to a dreary, rainy day.  Naturally I slept late.   I always do when it's rainy.  Of course staying up till three or four AM. Might have had something to do with it.

Writing.

And I look at what the moving finger he has wrote, stumbling across the keyboard in the dark of night...

****

<Bast>
(sigh) As if I should expect anything else?
But that illustrates a problem.  Son you are different.  The  augmentation won’t work on you.  

<Hank Burton>
That’s rather disappointing.
<Bast>
Rather, I should have said, THAT Augmentation won’t work on you.  I have other and better that will.  Also I can have some body and fender work done on you, isn’t it rather annoying to be a tri-plegic?

<Hank Burton>
Actually it is.  Having people faint when they see my face hasn’t helped my self esteem much either these last couple of decades.

<Bast> 
That can be fixed.  I just need you to take a little shark trip.  The kitten will be provided. 
Be at the Galveston Fishing Pier in five hours exactly.

***
It was a dark and stormy night. Foggy too.  Hank  had the limo driver drop him off at the entrance to the fishing pier.   This time of night there was no one around.  He had no problem driving his wheel chair out onto the pier. 

***

What the fresh Hell is THAT?

Sometimes I wonder.










No comments:

Post a Comment